The scorching heat of summer is ebbing, the days are getting shorter, and green leaves may soon start changing to deep hues of red and yellow. As you move into autumn, you can dress up your home with decorating ideas that are perfect for the season.
Here are just a few:
- Get the fireplace ready – Your fireplace has probably lay fallow in spring and summer, but you can rev it up as winter approaches. Give your fireplace a thorough cleaning and have the chimney inspected as a precaution.
- Create the farmhouse feel – Enjoy fall’s cool weather by welcoming guests and friends to sit and sip cider on your front porch. Adorn your porch with fall garlands, pumpkins, and hay bales.
- Add warmth to your living room – Cozy up your living room by exchanging summer throw pillows for velvet-colored pillows in fall shades. Add a coordinating throw and be ready to light up the fire.
- Decorate with firewood – Firewood is not only for the fireplace. It can also be used as a fall decoration. Stock your cut firewood next to the fireplace for a rustic look.
- Make it fresh – Bring your home to life with fresh fall flowers. Fall flowers generally last for up to a week. Opt for varieties like sunflowers and alstroemeria, which are plentiful during the season.
- Prepare a warm guest room – Many people travel in fall. If you find yourself hosting guests, replace your summer bedding with heavy linens for fall. Help your guests stay comfortable and warm when they stay for the weekend or for fall holidays.
- Cozy up the deck – Enjoy the cool evenings of fall by having a family gathering on the deck. Get your fire pit going or pass out warm blankets for guests to snuggle up in.
- Upgrade your countertops – Fall is a great time to give your countertops a face lift. If you have been dreaming of a granite or marble countertop but don’t have the budget for it, install Instant Granite vinyl film over your old countertop instead. Your Instant Granite countertop will look like the real deal but will cost just a fraction of the price.
With a few small upgrades, you can turn your home into a fall haven.