Is your home starting to look a bit dated? If so, it may be time for a remodel. You can remodel your kitchen and bathroom to make the house look a lot newer and fresher. If a total overhaul is out of your budget, however, don’t despair. There are other ways of giving your home a facelift. The following are alternatives to remodeling your home that will not break the bank:
- Rearrange the furniture – Simply moving the furniture around will significantly alter the look of your house. Consult an interior designer about how to best rearrange your existing furnishings. Typically, furniture in the living room is placed in an L shape to create the illusion of a bigger room. Try a U position instead for a new look.
- Change the doors – You can transform the outside of your home by dressing up the exterior doors. If the doors are simply too old, buy replacement doors with newer designs to instantly add value to your home. If you still have the old-fashioned swing door in your garage, replace it with a roll-up door. Doors make a big difference to a home.
- Streamline the walls – Do you have a hodgepodge of art and pictures on your walls? Cut down on the hanging clutter, and apply a new coat of paint.
- Install trim – Adding new trim to your rooms or hallways is a low-cost way to update your home. High-quality crown molding will add a sophisticated and elegant look to your house.
- Update kitchen cabinets – If your kitchen cabinets are aging, it may be time to replace them. New cabinetry can cost a fortune, however. If the integrity of your cabinets is still good, you can try repainting them instead. Install new knobs and handles for added flair.
- Apply Instant Granite – If you don’t have the money to replace your countertops in the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room, don’t despair. Use Instant Granite vinyl covering to achieve the look of real granite or marble countertops at a fraction of the price.
With a little creativity and elbow grease, you can head into the New Year with a gorgeous new home and an unscathed bank account.