Holiday décor can enliven our home with the spirit of the season. You can buy your decorations or save money and make them on your own.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Give your patio a little love – If you live in a region with mild winters, you need not limit your holiday decorations to the inside of the house. You can bring the holiday spirit to your backyard patio or front porch. A little outdoor décor will endow your house with greater curb appeal and also give people a beautiful place to congregate if your house gets too crowded. Enliven the space with a Christmas tree, a piece of furniture and a pillow and throw for staying warm.
- Adorn the entryway for a great first impression – Give everyone a warm welcome to your home by decorating your entryway with colorful poinsettias. Put a big Christmas wreath on the door, and make sure the area is well lit at night.
- Light the way – Line the pathway to your home with solar lights or paper luminaries. Hang twinkling lights around the house for warmth and ambience.
- Don’t forget the mailbox – Don’t leave your mailbox out of the fun. Make a statement by decorating it with garlands, ribbons and other Christmas trimmings.
- Dress up your pendant lights – Pendant lights in your kitchen? Do not leave them bare. Draw the eye upward by glamming up the lights with evergreen garland and bright ribbon.
If your kitchen is looking a little weary, freshen it up with a new Instant Granite film countertop. The countertop covering looks like granite or marble but costs only a fraction of the price. It comes in a variety of colors and designs that mirror the intricate patterns of stone. Try Instant Granite’s White Italian Marble to invoke the look of snow for the holidays.