With summer on its way, you may be thinking of jazzing up your home with new colors or chic décor. A lot of people tackle cleaning projects in spring, but summer can be a great time to take on renovations or redecorating endeavors. If you have kids, you can send them outside to enjoy sunny weather while you get creative inside.
Here are some decorating ideas to give your home a fresh new look for summer:
- Furniture – Light and easy colors such as neutrals and whites will be in tune with the bright sunny days outside. You don’t have to splurge on new furniture. Instead, use removable slipcovers or decorative throws to add to a burst of color befitting the season.
- Drapery – Summer is the time to enjoy the cool night air. Use curtains instead of heavy drapes. You can opt for valances if you want to keep some of the window exposed and enjoy the view outside.
- Outdoor accents – Summer is a prime time to enjoy the great outdoors. You can even bring the outside in with decorative plants, flowers, and fresh fruit as centerpieces. Add a more rustic feeling with eco-friendly materials such as hemp and bamboo.
- Scenic views – Enjoy the scenery outside by positioning your furniture in such a way that you can overlook nature—be it the ocean, your swimming pool, or simply your garden. If it’s too hot to go outside, you can peer through your windows and take in Earth’s beauties.
- Instant Granite – Counter tops need a new look? Cover them with Instant Granite. The vinyl covering can make your countertops look like granite, marble, or stone. Install Instant Granite in your kitchen, bathroom, laundry, wet bar or workshop for a small fraction of the cost of real granite.
Make it a summer to remember by sprucing up your home décor with styles you can enjoy for years to come.